- 1 package regular Oreo cookies (Not Double Stuff) – about 36 cookies
- 6 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cold milk
- 1- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided
- 2 – 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding.
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Begin by crushing 36 Oreo cookies. I used my food processor for this, but you could also place them in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. When the Oreos have turned into fine crumbs, you are done.
- Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
- Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk, and sugar, and mix well. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cups Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the crust.
- In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 and 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Allow the dessert to rest for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up further.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
STOP IT STOP IT I’M JUST HERE CRYING
I just drooled on my keyboard.
Are you Jesus?
*paws at screen*
DID YOU KNOW THAT MOST SBURB SESSIONS FAIL
ok [LONG POST; APOLOGIES FOR PUTTING THIS ON YOUR LOVELY ART]
this made me wonder what happens to like
the players who go godtier in a dead session
because, like, they’re immortal, and with everyone else dead there is no way they CAN die, because suicide is neither heroic nor just, so they will simply continue to reincarnate forever
until they start to go insane from lack of human contact and anomie
and although sburb keeps them from dying, i imagine that there’s some sort of degeneration going on, maybe every time they die they come back slightly wrong in some way, their speech becomes garbled and they slowly start to look less and less human or whatever
the only voices left for them to hear are the whispers from the furthest ring
because with all of the time in the universe, even prospit dreamers visit Derse eventually, and as the incipisphere ages the boundaries between universes start to weaken
and it’s so hard not to just give up and accept the invitation, shuck off one’s mortal bonds and leave the session for good, sliding into the many-tentacled embrace of the horrorterrors as your body fully degenerates into madness and lines of code, no longer yourself anymore
just a whisper of what once was but is no longer human.
What if that’s where horrorterrors come from? The mutated god tiers from failed sessions.
My absolute favourite cat ever. This is a manul, or pallas cat. Found in the Afghan mountains, they’re one of the oldest pure-blood cousins of our own goggies.
they look like fat balls of rage
Just gonna leave this here
SO MUCH RAGE
SCREAMS AT THE LAST ONE
Zelda/Link Appreciation (requested by anon)
Link and Zelda are a beautiful pairing, romantically or not. No matter whether they appear as strangers or friends, there’s always a spiritual tie that binds them and brings them together in some way. Destiny, you could say. And that bind has been there since the very beginning of the legend. However, I find that there is something disturbing and sad about these two. To us, their bond has only grown. Since the very beginning of our Zelda experience, their relationship has blossomed from being strangers in the original Legend of Zelda to childhood best friends in Skyward Sword. Truthfully, in the chronological order of the timelines, it’s the exact opposite. The friendship and love that the Link and Zelda of Skyward Sword shared has slowly diminished over time. Their bond used to be, in ancient times, strong and true. More recently, on the edges of the timelines we now know are canon, the two are nothing but strangers whose paths cross by fate alone. Their kinship has eroded over time and has become nothing but a distant memory of the past - a love that has faded into history. All that lives on are the ties that their ancestors passed onto them - purely a bond that need not be developed into a friendship, and never will be.
The Language Of The Fan
In the past, hand fans were used not only as cooling instruments, but also as convenient communication devices, mainly for transmitting more or less furtive love messages.
1) THE FAN PLACED NEAR THE HEART:”You have won my love.”
2) A CLOSED FAN TOUCHING THE RIGHT EYE: “When may I be allowed to see you?”
3) THE NUMBER OF STICKS SHOWN ANSWERED THE QUESTION: At what hour?”
4) THREATENING MOVEMENTS WITH A FAN CLOSED: Do not be so imprudent”
5) HALF-OPENED FAN PRESSED TO THE LIPS: “You may kiss me.”
6) HANDS CLASPED TOGETHER HOLDING AN OPEN FAN: “Forgive me.”
7) COVERING THE LEFT EAR WITH AN OPEN FAN: “Do not betray our secret.”
8) HIDING THE EYES BEHIND AN OPEN FAN: “I love you.”
9) SHUTTING A FULLY OPENED FAN SLOWLY: “I promise to marry you.”
10) DRAWING THE FAN ACROSS THE EYES: “I am sorry.”
11) TOUCHING THE FINGER TO THE TIP OF THE FAN: “I wish to speak with you.”
12) LETTING THE FAN REST ON THE RIGHT CHEEK: “Yes.”
13) LETTING THE FAN REST ON THE LEFT CHEEK: “No.”
14) OPENING AND CLOSING THE FAN SEVERAL TIMES: “You are cruel”
15) DROPPING THE FAN: “We will be friends.”
16) FANNING SLOWLY:”I am married.”
17) FANNING QUICKLY:”I am engaged.”
18) PUTTING THE FAN HANDLE TO THE LIPS: “Kiss me.”
19) OPENING A FAN WIDE: “Wait for me.”
20) PLACING THE FAN BEHIND THE HEAD: “Do not forget me”
21) PLACING THE FAN BEHIND THE HEAD WITH FINGER EXTENDED: “Goodbye.”
22) FAN IN RIGHT HAND IN FRONT OF FACE: Follow me.”
23) FAN IN LEFT HAND IN FRONT OF FACE: “I am desirous of your acquaintance.”
24) FAN HELD OVER LEFT EAR: “I wish to get rid of you.”
25) DRAWING THE FAN ACROSS THE FOREHEAD:”You have changed.”
26) TWIRLING THE FAN IN THE LEFT HAND: “We are being watched.”
27) TWIRLING THE FAN IN THE RIGHT HAND:”I love another.”
28) CARRYING THE OPEN FAN IN THE RIGHT HAND:”You are too willing.”
29) CARRYING THE OPEN FAN IN THE LEFT HAND: “Come and talk to me.”
30) DRAWING THE FAN THROUGH THE HAND: “I hate you!”
31) DRAWING THE FAN ACROSS THE CHEEK: “I love you!”
32) PRESENTING THE FAN SHUT: “Do you love me?”
Had to memorize these for a show I was in!
In my ongoing quest for the perfect framework for understanding haters, I created The Disapproval Matrix**. (With a deep bow to its inspiration.) This is one way to separate haterade from productive feedback. Here’s how the quadrants break down:
Critics: These are smart people who know something about your field. They are taking a hard look at your work and are not loving it. You’ll probably want to listen to what they have to say, and make some adjustments to your work based on their thoughtful comments.
Lovers: These people are invested in you and are also giving you negative but rational feedback because they want you to improve. Listen to them, too.
Frenemies: Ooooh, this quadrant is tricky. These people really know how to hurt you, because they know you personally or know your work pretty well. But at the end of the day, their criticism is not actually about your work—it’s about you personally. And they aren’t actually interested in a productive conversation that will result in you becoming better at what you do. They just wanna undermine you. Dishonorable mention goes to The Hater Within, aka the irrational voice inside you that says you suck, which usually falls into this quadrant. Tell all of these fools to sit down and shut up.
Haters: This is your garden-variety, often anonymous troll who wants to tear down everything about you for no rational reason. Folks in this quadrant are easy to write off because they’re counterproductive and you don’t even know them. Ignore! Engaging won’t make you any better at what you do. And then rest easy, because having haters is proof your work is finding a wide audience and is sparking conversation. Own it.
The general rule of thumb? When you receive negative feedback that falls into one of the top two quadrants—from experts or people who care about you who are engaging with and rationally critiquing your work—you should probably take their comments to heart. When you receive negative feedback that falls into the bottom two quadrants, you should just let it roll off your back and just keep doin’ you. If you need to amp yourself up about it, may I suggest this #BYEHATER playlist on Spotify? You’re welcome.
** I presented The Disapproval Matrix to the fine folks at MoxieCon in Chicago yesterday, and they seemed to find it useful, so I figured I’d share with the class. It was originally inspired by a question my friend Channing Kennedy submitted to my #Realtalk column at the Columbia Journalism Review.
just a friendly reminder that for over a hundred years, pit bulls used to be referred to as “the nanny dog” and their main job was as babysitters.
- in temperance tests (the equivalent of how many times your kid can poke your dog in the eye before it bites him) of all breeds the most tolerant was the golden retriever. the second most tolerant was the pit bull. temperament evaluations by the american temperament test society give american pit bull terriers a very high passing rate of 82.6%, while the average passing rate for the other 121 dog breeds tested was only 77%.
- pit bulls are not naturally human aggressive. in fact pit bull puppies prefer human company to their mother’s two weeks before all other dogs.
- no spayed/neutered, indoor pit bull has ever killed a person.
- contrary to the popular myth, pit bulls DO NOT have locking jaws.
- approximately 6000 pit bulls are put to death every day, by far the highest number of any breed euthanized.
This message is so important.
I’ve never met a pitbull that wasn’t adorable and affectionate, and I know quite a few.
I love pitbulls myself. When I adopt a dog, I’ll be getting a pitbull, cuz they are adorable.